Additional Nursery Rhymes and Action Songs
ADDITIONAL NURSERY RHYMES & ACTION SONGS
Singing nursery rhymes and songs with children and babies will help them with their:
- language and communication skills (speech/talking)
- creative expression
- physical development
- numeracy skills
- confidence and independence
- knowledge and understanding
By introducing children to a variety of nursery rhymes can help them understand and learn about different sounds. This is an important part of developing those early literacy skills.
Why is singing important?
- It develops the muscles in the mouth and tongue required for speech
- It improves listening skills
- It teaches rhythm and rhyme
- It assists with sound recognition
It helps children remember information, e.g numbers, sequencing, the alphabet etc.