As you may be aware the Government now provides additional funding for those children who are eligible for free school meals. This funding is allocated to individual schools and is referred to as ‘The Pupil Premium’. This money is used to support teaching and learning and can support pupils in reaching their full potential and their attainment improves.
At The Ferrars Academy we use the Pupil Premium funding in the following ways:
- to run specific intervention groups
- to purchase resources
- to contribute towards additional staffing
- to provide enrichment activities
- small group work
- adult learning
- outdoor learning
- nurture strategies
The Governors however also recognise that there are pupils who are eligible for free school meals who achieve well without additional interventions. Likewise there are pupils who are not eligible for free school meals who are not making expected progress. The Governors therefore reserve the right to allocate funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils who are identified as not making expected progress.
This funding really does make a difference to the opportunities and support that we are able to offer – if you think you may be eligible for free school meals please contact the Revenue and Benefits Department on 01582 546000 say the words ‘Free School Meals’ for further information.
- 1 Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2022
- 2 Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2021 2022
- 3 Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2020
- 4 Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2019
- Pupil Premium statement 2022